Veterans One Hand Up is a 501(c)3 charity organization.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSISTANCE
Applicants for assistance will meet the following eligibility requirements.
ONE of the following:
- Honorably served full-time in the U. S. Armed Forces at least 24 months, OR
- Otherwise eligible for V. A. Medical Center services (if served less than 24 months).
ALL of the following:
- A resident of Georgia continuously for no less than twelve (12) months.
- Hardship is not due to misconduct or financial mismanagement.
- All other avenues of support have been exhausted.
- The amount requested will primarily resolve the issue.
- Has not received prior assistance from VETERANS ONE HAND UP INC.
- ELIGIBLE EXPENSES
Expenses eligible for payments are those representing basic, immediate, necessary needs.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
All requests for assistance are to be submitted in writing from a Caseworker, Social Worker, or a Veterans Service Organization Officer. Written letters of request will include the following.
- Identification of Veteran for whom the request is being requested (name, birthday, etc.).
- Confirmation of eligibility requirements set forth in section 1a-g.
- Specification of amount requested including who, where, and how to pay.
- Explanation for the request (how and why the problem occurred).
- Description of steps taken to address the problem and prevent reoccurrence.
- Confirmation that no other options are available for assistance (family, community, etc.)
- Description of how the assistance provided will resolve the problem.
- Provision of the names and contact information for additional information and follow-up.
Mail letters of request to VETERANS ONE HAND UP INC, P. O. Box 86, Broxton, GA 31519.
For additional information call 912-359-5493 (Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM).
- PAYMENT PROCESS
Upon approval, payments will be made directly to the creditor or vendor.